Monday, April 17, 2006

Chocolate Easter Bunny


Happy belated Easter, everyone!

Check out this adorable chocolate Easter bunny! While I could wax endlessly about the pre-Christian symbolism which has, rather ironically, prevailed as one of the predominant symbols associated with a holiday celebrated by Christians to mark the Ressurrection of Christ . . . I will restrain the scholar of religion in me and just focus on my bunny.

See, I have a problem with this bunny. My problem is that this is chocolate. It's food. It's for eating. But it's shaped like a cute little happy smiling bunny. How is a good, decent person supposed to eat a cute little happy smiling bunny?

It's barbaric! It's unnatural! It has an eye! It's looking at me. And I am supposed to bite off his ears? Break off his feet? What?

This isn't just any chocolate, mind you. It's pure Belgian chocolate. The Platonic form of chocolate , the paragon of chocolate perfection! It smells divine. But, it's so cute!

Who comes up with these sadistic ideas? I don't get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home