Friday, April 07, 2006

My Blue Shawl

I finished my first shawl! I used the "Simply Shawl" pattern which comes with the Caron Simply Soft 4-ply acrylic yarn and a 5mm hook (size 8 to you US folks) that I purchased during my last visit to the US. I started it in January of this year, while I was visiting my mother because I just didn't have the patience to work on lace. This was a nice meditative, repetitive pattern that kept me productive even while watching scary US television which otherwise might melt my brain.

I'm happy with the way it came out, but here's the magic question: will I ever wear it?

2 Comments:

Blogger robin hood said...

Impressive.
I like "floppy" stuff around the house. Comfy.

11:24 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Why thank you! Such things are especially useful while, say, working on the computer. ;)

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home