Friday, July 28, 2006

I made a crooked afghan.

Here it is. My afghan. And it's crooked:


But it's my very first afghan, made by me! I used a bunch of leftover Lion Brand Homespun yarn that I found in the basement of my Dad's house, which included unraveling a whole lot of really plain ugly shawl that apparently at some point I thought seemed like a good use of time, effort, and supplies. Anyway, I made the 'pattern' myself. It's just a bunch of pretty basic, if huge, granny squares in blue and purple. I didn't have enough blue yarn to make all the squares alike, so I had to be a bit creative. There's also a thin blue border, which is impossible to see in this picture, but I assure you that it's there.

This afghan is not particularly astounding, or even well-aligned, but it was an interesting learning experience and will undoubtably serve me well when the evenings start to get a bit chilly again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home